This article contains information that is helpful for Headway providers. If you are a client and have questions about emergency phone lines and resources, check out our article "Emergency resources for clients."
Table of Contents
What are the requirements for providers?
All Headway providers are required to have an “after hours” phone line available. Our agreement with our insurance partners includes meeting carrier-specific requirements and state regulations.
Providers will need to share a monitored and confidential phone line with all of your clients at the start of sessions.
The phone line voicemail recording requirements include the following language:
- "A confidential and monitored voicemail"
- "I will check the voicemail daily on business days and attempt to respond by the end of the next business day"
What are some confidential voicemail services that can be used?
Below, you can find some options to set up a confidential voicemail line:
- Google Voice (must be the HIPAA version)
- RingCentral (must be the HIPAA version)
- Dialpad (must be the HIPAA version)
These are just some suggestions. Feel free to use another service as long as it is HIPAA-compliant!
Please note that some platforms require you to sign a BAA with them to guarantee full HIPAA-compliance.