Here's the rundown of what clients can expect with Headway:
- We'll send an email invite to help clients get their insurance and payment info entered and acknowledge our standard forms (see form 1, form 2)
- Ahead of each session, clients will receive appointment reminders with date, time, and estimated cost
- Sessions will be charged to the payment method on file afterward and receive an invoice via email
Below is a preview of the welcome email we send to clients:
Our team is here to make sure your client's transition to Headway is effortless and smooth. Here’s how we offer support:
We handle all insurance calls and claim processing for your clients. Before a session, we’ll make sure they understand their benefits and costs, and will keep them updated if there’s ever a change in coverage.
Our team is here to help with navigating our vast network of in-network providers (both medication management and talk therapy providers) to find the right fit and book appointments in one place.
How Headway communicates with clients
Below are all of the ways we communicate with your clients:
- We send a welcome email introducing ourselves when you add a new client and ask us to notify them
- We reach out if their insurance or payment info is missing or needs an update, with clear instructions and links to edit ahead of their sessions
- We send reminders ahead of each session, including estimated price and cancellation policies
- We send invoices after each session
If your client is not receiving emails from Headway, please ask them to check their Spam folder. If they checked, and are still not receiving our emails, they may have unsubscribed. We ask that they reach out to us, or you reach out on our behalf, if this is the case.
What clients see in their account
- Simplified explanations of their insurance
- User-friendly agreements and accessible forms
- Upcoming appointments and estimated cost
- Appointment history and invoices
Headway's standard forms
To see a provider through Headway, clients must acknowledge and agree to the following forms:
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices
- Assignment of Benefits / Financial Responsibility
Your client will be able to read and agree to the forms while logged into their Headway account. This is also where they'll manage insurance and billing details.
If you have any additional forms (i.e. informed consent, etc.) you'd like your clients to sign/acknowledge, you'll have to provide those to your client via email.
Messaging your clients
You can message your client directly via the messages tab in Sigmund, the provider portal. Headway's messaging platform is fully encrypted and HIPAA-compliant.
As a note, you won't be able to send attachments through the Headway messaging portal. You'll have to send any attachments or additional forms (anything other than our standard forms) to your client via email.
Sending our welcome / sign up email to your clients
You'll only be able to send the welcome email to clients who have not yet completed their account set up.
To send our welcome/sign up email to your clients:
- Visit the Clients tab in the provider portal
- Locate the client you'd like to re-send the welcome email to
- If they have not yet completed account set up, click Re-send email in the gray banner under their name